We have engineered the nearly impossible, an exclusive mix of materials that combined address all three issue the gyms face – noise, vibration, and bounce.
Weightlifting is experiencing a resurgence in popularity. We have seen a significant increase in interest and participation over the past decade, with no signs of it waning. Eleiko is passionate about weightlifting and its benefits, and we are driven to do what we can to make lifting more accessible to people interested in strength and a well-rounded functional training program.
Despite its benefits, weightlifting has traditionally come with downsides for health and fitness clubs. Barbells rattling, clanging, and bouncing around can be loud and send vibrations throughout the facility intimidating members and disturbing neighbors in the process. In general, platforms of today protect the floors and equipment, but still make for a loud and disruptive experience, one that can even be a bit dangerous when barbells bounce.
This is a complex problem to solve. When you dampen the vibration, and tackle the noise, you typically end up with significant bounce. Adjust designs to address the bounce, and the sound and vibration dampening properties are diminished. But at Eleiko, we thrive on a good challenge and our reputation for continuously improving products is well earned.
We have engineered the nearly impossible, an exclusive mix of materials that combined address all three issue – noise, vibration, and bounce. We have struck the perfect balance, our distinctive platform dramatically reduces the noise when barbells are dropped, the materials absorb the vibration and ensure a quieter, less disruptive experience. Lastly, we have fixed the issue of excessive bounce. We have created a solution that allows you to have lifting in your facility in a way that won’t frustrate your neighbors and disturb or intimidate other members.
Whether it is one platform, a few of our world-famous bars, or a full Eleiko weightlifting program complete with platforms, products, and coaching, we are excited to share our passion for weightlifting with you. We look forward to helping you find the right mix of products and programs to effectively incorporate this highly functional, beneficial, and transferable type of strength training into your facilities offering. With Eleiko you can truly silence the complaints and let your weightlifting members lift.
PLATFORM AND COMPONENT SPECIFICATIONS
• Custom deck features a multi layers birch plywood base with an oak strip top layer, covered in a protective laminate and a long lasting durable rubber strip to guard the edges of deck and bumpers and discs from damage.
• High quality rubber tiles act as the first layer of defense, absorbing weight impact and providing a stable covering for layers below.
• An exclusive mix of materials create the dampening and absorption underneath giving the platform its unique characteristics of reduced sounds, vibration, and bounce.
• The drop zone layers can be shifted and rotated to prolong product life, and easily replaced with spare parts as necessary.
• 11-gauge custom shaped steel tubing platform surround is extremely durable and ensures platform is stable.
• Custom investment cast steel corners provide additional support and bolt down holes.
For more information, please contact Eleiko at firstname.lastname@example.org. This platform is available for pre-order with deliveries starting July 2017.